What are Smart Monitors?
When we talk about monitors, we generally think of screens for movies, videos, and photos. However, the concept no longer exists when we talk about Smart Monitors. The smart monitor is a device that allows interactive communication in the internet network.
Almost all smart devices integrate with the smart services provided by the internet and the Internet of Things. Likewise, these monitors are also known as IoT devices. Different monitors are available in the market with different specs for all types of users.
With the current trend, the older versions of monitors are all vanishing day by day. After the third and fourth industrial revolution, the traditional PCs monitors have almost vanished in the market.
Here are some smart monitors available in the market for all-purpose use.
AOC i1601FWUX 15.6 Portable Monitor
The AOC 16-inch class monitor is the best budget, smart portable monitor. This monitor is available in Amazon.com at $159.99 with free shipping. If you are looking for a smart monitor with high resolution also portable, then this is the best choice for you. Because of the IPS screen and full HD, i.e. 1080P users will get class monitor experience.
|Specification||Available in AOC i1601FWUX|
|Resolution||1080p HD (1920X1080) pixels|
|USB Mode||No USB 2.0 or 3.0, only USB-C Alt mode|
|Product Dimension||14.81 x 0.33 x 9.26 in|
- Easily portable in a regular bag.
- While buying, it comes with a smart cover for the screen.
- The cover also acts as a stand so, no need for an extra stand.
- A high-end resolution that means HD video quality.
This AOC monitor allows the user to experience high-end video quality. However, there are some d-merits to this monitor.
- No HDMI cable port.
- It doesn’t support USB-2.0 or USB-3.0
- Limited usability, only with USB-C
ASUS ZenScreen MB16AC 15.6’’ (Eye Care Monitor)
The ASUS ZenScreen eye care monitor is one of the most stunning portable smart monitors. This monitor is available in Amazon.com at $232.99, along with free shipping. This is an ultra-portable award-winning smart monitor of ASUS. With stunning video quality, it is compatible with USB Type-C and Type-A. However, for Type-A connection a Display Link driver is necessary.
|Specifications||Available in ASUS ZenScreen|
|Dimensions||8.9 x 0.3 x 14.2 inches|
|Monitor Memory Type||DDR3L-1600 SDRAM|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
- The smart cover is available to support the screen along with smartpen.
- Compatible with Thunderbolt 3.
- Inbuilt eye-care technology with TUV Rhein-land-certified flicker-free back lightening.
- A blue-light filter minimizes eye fatigue.
- Easy portable anywhere in regular bags.
Along with these merits of ASUS Smart Monitor, there are some d-merits that may affect some users.
- Slight expensive than other smart monitors.
- It does not support HDMI cable. However, the micro HDMI port is available
Why Smart Monitors?
To reduce high energy usage by the normal PC and TV screen, smart monitors play an important role. However, Smart monitors are mostly used in corporate offices and colleges. These monitors allow easy connection with the internet network and the user can work efficiently.